Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Soapy Gilmore

Rory’s back…Luke’s got a daughter (and he’s keeping it a secret)…Christopher is suddenly a millionaire…it’s all a bit like a soap opera, isn’t it?  I’m not yet sure how I feel about the daughter thing, but it was great when Luke told his sister about it.  She’s awesome.  Obviously this is going to come back and bite Luke when Lorelai finds out he’s keeping this huge secret, especially after she promised to be honest with him.  I missed Emily and Richard in the last episode, but clearly something’s going to hit the fan when they find out that Christopher is paying for the rest of Rory’s time at Yale.

I did think it was odd that Rory thought she and Logan were just taking a time out.  I wondered if they had had a conversation we didn’t see (especially since his idiot friends moved her stuff out of the Gilmore house, which seemed weird).  But apparently he’s just assuming that they broke up the night of the big fight.

I hope Rory ends up moving in with Paris and Doyle when she goes back to Yale – we need more Paris!  And that would add many comic possibilities.

I also hope Lane is going to be done with what’s his name now.  He has always been stupid but now he’s also a jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home