Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Abandoned

Well.  All I can say is that I am so relieved.  I wasn’t surprised it was Shannon who died, but I was nervous throughout the episode in case it didn’t end up being her.  I didn’t know what would happen, though – the only clue I had was that whoever was going to die would not be killed by a monster.  As soon as Sayid heard the gunshot, it was obvious who had fired the gun.  But what happens next is what’s interesting.  We’re going to have Sayid who wants revenge, Ana Lucia who is gnawed by guilt, and a lot of suspicion between the castaways we know and love and the “tailies” who will now join them.

I wonder why it seemed like Walt led Shannon to her death, in a way.  It seemed as though he was trying to warn Shannon and Sayid to be quiet so the others wouldn’t find them.  But then he ran off and Shannon followed and got shot.  Hmm.  

I will say that Shannon’s backstory made her more human. The same thing happened with Boone before he died, too.  I never liked either of them until just before they died.  I’m still glad it was them though, and not any of the people I love.  I would have been just devastated today if it had been anyone else.

Can’t wait until next week, when we find out what happened to the tailies after the plane crash, and hopefully get more insight into the others!  Did you notice that in the preview, there was a teddy bear in the plane wreckage – like the one that somebody was carrying when the others walked past Jin and Mr. Ecko?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home