Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Greatest Show You're Not Watching

I know I’m the only person watching Veronica Mars because of Lost…but hey, due to the Lost repeat this week, VM did its best numbers ever!   And the show rocks!  Veronica’s best pal/sidekick, Wallace, had a tough week, with his real dad (or “bio dad” as Veronica called him) showing up, his mom being revealed as a liar (and having a falling out with Veronica’s dad), his girlfriend turning out to be a mean-spirited bee-yatch, etc.  Percy Daggs, who portrays Wallace, never struck me as the greatest actor last year, but he stepped up big time in this episode.  

I wish I could convey to everyone what’s so great about this show and why you should record it even though Lost is your first love.  The writing is just top-notch, and we keep learning more and more about the characters through brilliant plotting.  

Read what Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy, had to say about VM

Also, you can read Joss’s Entertainment Weekly review of the Season 1 DVD here, and get other show info too.

Just believe me when I tell you that if you rent Season 1, you will not be sorry.  You will love it and then you will have the same conflict I do on Wednesday nights at 9:00!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home