Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Robert Wise

Just a quick note on Robert Wise, who died yesterday – check out the NY Times obit.  I think it’s important to remember these great filmmakers of a previous generation – and educate the next generation by showing them the great films made in the 20th century.  The Times notes that while Orson Welles was famously only 25 when he directed Citizen Kane, Wise was only 26 when he edited it!  Of course, he also directed The Sound of Music and West Side Story, two of the best musicals ever made.  Hats off to Mr. Wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home