Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Whole Truth

“Are you there, God?  It’s me, Margaret.”  I think every young girl remembers reading that book over and over, worshiping Judy Blume and wishing that we, too, could finally “become a woman” like Margaret did.  Not the book one would expect SAWYER, of all people, to be reading!!  I could have died laughing.  And, I love the fact that that is yet another of my favorite childhood books he’s read, along with Watership Down.  Just brilliant.

Overall, a great episode.  Sun as always is a stellar actress.  Now the question is – is her pregnancy another of the island’s miracles, or did she sleep with the bald-headed English tutor guy back in Korea??  Discuss.

Love the whole Jack-Locke interaction – especially when Jack comes out of the shower and finds Locke in the bathroom.  Thought Ana Lucia was very civilized and good in her interactions with Sayid – and I’m glad that he realizes what she did was an accident.  Can’t imagine why they let Charlie go with them to find Henry’s balloon – he doesn’t have a lot of value to add on a trip into the jungle!  He’s still in the doghouse with me, and he’s not getting out of it by just making a few good quips.  

And Henry – what a freak!  Whether he’s an other or not, I don’t know, but when Jack let him come out to the kitchen table, his remarks gave me the chills.  Plus, I love the Dharma Initiative cereal box – Dharma O’s?  

So glad it’s back…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home