Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Oscar Nominations!

It’s that time again – time to panic because I haven’t seen all the nominated films!  Actually, I’m quite pleased that I’ve seen and really loved all the Best Picture nominees – Capote, Crash, Brokeback Mountain, Good Night and Good Luck, and Munich.  Loved all the best actors too, and really pleased to see Terrence Howard get in there for Hustle & Flow (there was really no need for Russell Crowe to get yet another nomination playing yet another good guy with no depth).  I’ve still got to scramble a bit to see all the best actress performances…but I think it’s between Reese and Felicity anyway.  Reese won SAG, so who knows…but I’d like to think Felicity has a real chance.  

I’m frustrated because some of the movies I haven’t seen yet won’t be on DVD until after the Oscars!  A History of Violence, Howl’s Moving Castle…I’m hoping that in the case of H of V, they might give it a brief re-release since it picked up two noms…but probably not.  And I’m seriously bummed that Grizzly Man, still my pick for best film of the year, was not considered for the documentary category.  Glad that Murderball made it, though!

More on this topic to come…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home