Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Gilmore Girls is Back!

Good GG last night!  Good stuff all around.  I thought Scott Patterson did an exceptional job with his storyline.  I loved it when he and Kirk were walking around town trying to find a wireless connection – so that Luke could look at his daughter’s web site. And I loved Lane being back with her mom and yelling at customers in the antique shop and then the two of them bonding at the end.
 
I could have done without Logan, but I guess since he's still in the opening credits...I loved Paris, of course, and so glad to see Doyle.  Their self-defense exercise was hilarious!  Although I have to wonder why their apartment is so slummy, since they first moved into it in the summer before Paris found out she didn't have any money. Unless we're supposed to think that they moved to this place afterwards.
 
Not sure I loved Lorelai’s dress…I don’t know why it had that odd sash on it.  And I think a slightly different shade would have been better on her.  But she did look pretty when she came down the stairs to show it to Luke.  Poor Luke.

I just wish they hadn't given away the "reveal" of Luke's daughter to Lorelai during the preview for next week. It would have been better to remain in suspense on that!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home