Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Emily and Richard are back!

Since I had heard so much about the Friday night dinner, I thought it was going to take up a lot more of this episode – especially since the title was “Friday Night’s All Right for Fightin’.”  But, the dinner itself was a bit jarring, due to the way that it was shot.  What was said was really important, but the camera swinging from one end of the dinner table to another was very distracting.  Not sure it was a success.  Although the part where Emily was recounting the incident when she told off Logan’s mom was great!

I’m annoyed that Rory is taking Logan back so happily…I feel badly for Paris and I hope somebody does something to help her to get a grip.  I wish Doyle had shown up and coaxed her out of her foxhole.  But it was good to see Rory take charge and act like the capable person we know she is.

Poor Lorelai…great acting on Lauren Graham’s part as Lorelai struggles to deal with her emotions and Luke obliviously blithers on about his daughter.   Good stuff all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home