Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Childish and Pathetic Heath Ledger

Just have to say a quick word about Heath Ledger’s behavior at the SAG awards on Sunday night.  I finally found a little bit of coverage about it (thanks, Defamer.com!) but I’m surprised that there wasn’t a lot more talk about.  Basically, he and Jake Gyllenhal came out to present an award.  Heath put his hand on his hip in a very girly-man kind of way.  Then he started giggling and from there, acted like a twelve-year old whose teacher mentioned Lake Titicaca.  Talk about immature – and insulting to people who felt that his portrayal of a gay man was sensitive and heartfelt.  I can’t believe this same guy was capable of that incredible performance.  Poor Jake, who looked like a waiter, struggled to keep a grip and show a little class while reading his lines.  But if I were him, I would have punched Heath in the head backstage.  And if I were Michelle Williams, I’d wipe that worshipful look off my face and think twice about the kind of man I was with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Heath Ledger is not childish and pathetic.
He suffered from anxiety.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home