Film & TV Rants & Raves

This blog consists of my rantings and ravings about movies and TV shows that I love (or hate). I’ve studied film at Harvard, Boston University, and the Cambridge School for Adult Education, and taught film studies as well. I’ve got lots of strong opinions, so look for them here!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rory, Wake Up and Smell the Salmon Puffs

OK, Logan is so tired.  I can’t believe Rory puts up with his crap – then again, she did date Jess.  He shows up at the DAR party where she’s trying to be nice to people, and acts like a jerk.  He invites his loser jerk friends over to her house while she’s busy, and continuously drinks like a fish (and then drives, apparently).  And when she calls him after a trying ordeal with her mother, he whines about his responsibility as a Huntzberger, then suggests that they spontaneously drop everything and run off.  Yeah, because that worked out so well with the whole yacht incident.  And Rory goes along with it all!  Bangs or no bangs, she is making bad choices.

Sometimes this show bugs me because of what they don’t show, rather than what they do.  For example, I would have wanted to see the conversation when Sookie called Rory (or, I guess, when Rory saw a note from her grandmother – who I thought was in Finland, and who certainly never appeared in the episode, sadly enough – and then called Sookie back) – what did Sookie say, and how did Rory respond when she found out Lorelai was the other godmother?  

And I think it would have been really hilarious to see Jackson actually get baptized.  The minister putting water on his head, etc.  They set us up for the humiliation – with gleeful joy from Sookie – and then there was no follow-through.  

Why wasn’t Luke at the baptism?  Why wasn’t Paris in this episode?  Emily?  Richard?  Doyle?  At least Lane was back – and she and Rory managed all right once they got over the awkward part.  AND she noted Rory’s bangs!  Thank you, Lane.  Now why didn’t you tell Rory that she needed bangs about five years ago?

I did enjoy Lorelai’s depression over not being able to watch that horrid Rosie O’Donnell movie with Rory.  That rang true – plus - funny.  And I also cracked up over her feeding Paul Anka – when she said that his food was in the yellow bowl that he picked out, I just pictured them at the Petsmart!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home